Become an RTD Vendor
Vendors can now register with San Joaquin Regional Transit District (RTD) with ProcureWare, a procurement software system that allows vendors to view all of RTD’s solicitations for work, access documents, and submit bids/proposals. Along with receiving email updates, vendors have a forum to inquire and obtain information quickly, register for events, and view awards. Once registered, ProcureWare notifies vendors about opportunities they may qualify for as RTD releases its solicitations.
Vendors may be pre-qualified in any or all, but not limited to, the following areas: debarment and suspension, financial capacity, references, DBE and DBE good faith efforts, experience, past performance, current licenses, authorization to do business in California, bonding capacity, and insurance requirements.
About RTD Procurement
RTD is committed to a procurement process that fosters fair and open competition while conducting itself under the highest ethical standards and achieving the complete confidence of the public. To realize these important public purposes, RTD adheres to the federal, state, and local laws and regulations required to meet this goal.
RTD frequently hires qualified local and national businesses to work on projects that improve its fleet and increase services for its ridership. Projects include everything from Bus Rapid Transit implementation projects, bus and equipment purchases, construction, professional and non-professional services, and vehicle and equipment maintenance, from operations management to marketing initiatives.
RTD’s Procurement and Contracts Department serves as the connection between its various departments and potential contractors wishing to bid on projects and provide their goods or services.
Here is a general overview of RTD’s procurement process:
- RTD Board of Directors adopts the fiscal year budget.
- RTD departments that need goods or services submit their requirements to the Procurement and Contracts Department to solicit.
- RTD’s ProcureWare System notifies potential contractors of the informal or formal solicitation. RTD posts a notice on this website as well as a circulation of general -publication to solicit bids/proposals from potential contractors for all formal solicitations. RTD may also directly contact qualified registered vendors.
- Companies prepare and submit their bids and project proposals by the required deadline.
- Qualified staff evaluates all responsive bids for the lowest responsible low dollar award.
- A selection committee evaluates all proposals to determine the most responsive responsible proposal that is in the best interests of RTD.
- The CEO has the authority to award all materials, supplies, equipment, services, and construction items with a value of $250,000.00 or less.
- The RTD Board of Directors has the authority to award all materials, supplies, equipment, services, and construction items over $250,000.00.
- RTD executes a contract and/or sends a purchase order to the awarded contractor along with a notice to proceed and work begins.
RTD assesses the service quality, safety, cost, and delivery elements for the goods and services needed to support the objectives of the agency’s operating functions.
RTD Procurement and Contract Services is actively seeking qualified small and minority-owned businesses to participate in RTD contracting opportunities.
RTD receives Federal grants to fund part of its operations; therefore, most of its purchasing is subject to Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulations. These procurement regulations, as well as many other rules, are contained in the current version of the FTA Master Agreement for Grantees. The FTA also publishes a circular (FTA C 4220.1F) that summarizes only the procurement rules contained in the master agreement.
Please Note: Vendors must have a valid purchase order number or a fully signed agreement with RTD for materials, supplies, equipment or services, as applicable, before delivering such materials, supplies, and equipment to RTD or performing such services for RTD. Materials, supplies, and equipment delivered or services performed without a purchase order number or a fully signed agreement will not be accepted or paid by RTD.