The My Ride program is a self-directed, practical, and empowering mileage reimbursement service that enables ADA-certified passengers to compensate their friends and neighbors for providing them with transportation assistance within San Joaquin County.
How does My Ride work?
- Current ADA-certified passengers are automatically eligible for My Ride and will be enrolled once the passenger and volunteer driver waivers have been completed and returned to Access San Joaquin.
- ADA-certified passengers can recruit drivers from family, friends, and neighbors whom they know and trust.
- Both parties agree on a transportation schedule.
- ADA-certified passengers track and record mileage for each trip and turn in a mileage report (called Request for Mileage Reimbursement) to Access San Joaquin by no later than the 10th of each month.
- Passengers are obligated to pass the reimbursement amount in full along to their drivers.
Why My Ride?
- You may use the drivers you know and trust.
- There are no advanced reservations required.
- It’s a win-win situation: the trip is free for the passenger and earns money for the driver.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible?
All passengers currently ADA-certified through the ADA Eligibility Assessment process.
What trips may be reimbursed?
My Ride currently reimburses for personal medical-related trips and essential travel of the passenger, which may include shopping and religious gatherings, appointments for rehabilitation, doctors, dentists, dialysis, clinics, and hospitals.
When does the mileage report have to be submitted?
In order to process the reimbursement in a timely manner, the monthly mileage report should be submitted by the 10th of the month following the rides.
When are reimbursements issued?
By the third Thursday of every month.
How do I sign up?
Contact Access San Joaquin at (209) 242-9965 or request that we call you here.
For more information, please contact:
Access San Joaquin