RTD is proud to be one of 20 transit agencies to participate in a nationwide transit customer survey. Together with the American Bus Benchmarking Group (ABBG) and a select group of transit agencies across the country, beginning Monday, April 9 through May 6, we are surveying our customers about key aspects of our service and how it is used.
The combined result of the surveys from each participating transit agency will guide the formation of a national benchmark of best practices in public transit. We look forward to comparing the results to learn from other agencies’ successes as well as sharing successes of our own.
What is the ABBG?
The American Bus Benchmarking Group (ABBG) was established on April 1, 2011, to provide a confidential forum for mid-sized bus organizations in America to learn from each other by comparing performance, sharing experiences, and identifying best practices.
To learn more about the American Bus Benchmarking Group, visit their website at www.americanbusbenchmarking.org
Which public transit agencies are a part of ABBG?
Originally established by four public transit agencies including RTD, the ABBG has now grown to 20 agencies all across the country:
- Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Capital Metro, Austin)
- Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA Metro, Buffalo)
- Pace Suburban Bus (Pace, Chicago / Arlington Heights, IL)
- Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (GCRTA, Cleveland)
- Greater Dayton Regional Transit Authority (RTA, Dayton)
- Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority (DART, Des Moines)
- Lane Transit District (LTD, Eugene)
- Flint Mass Transportation Authority (MTA, Flint)
- Fort Worth Transportation Authority (FWTA, Fort Worth)
- Hampton Roads Transit (HRT, Hampton Roads)
- Nashville Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA, Nashville)
- LYNX – Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority (LYNX, Orlando)
- Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA, Providence)
- Regional Transit Service (RTS, Rochester)
- Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA, St. Petersburg)
- Omnitrans (San Bernardino)
- Spokane Transit Authority (STA, Spokane)
- San Joaquin Regional Transit District (RTD, Stockton)
- Utah Transit Authority (UTA, Salt Lake City)
- Clark County Public Transportation Benefit Area (C-TRAN, Vancouver)