The Volunteer Incentive Program (VIP) is a self-directed, practical, and empowering mileage reimbursement service that enables ADA-certified passengers to compensate their friends and neighbors for providing them with transportation assistance to medical facilities within San Joaquin County.
How does VIP work?
2. ADA-certified passengers can recruit drivers from family, friends, and neighbors whom they know and trust.
3. Both parties agree on a transportation schedule.
4. ADA-certified passengers track and record mileage for each trip and turn in a mileage report (called Request for Mileage Reimbursement) to Access San Joaquin at the end of the month to receive reimbursement.
5. Passengers are obligated to pass the reimbursement amount in full along to their drivers.
• You may use the drivers you know and trust.
• There is no advanced reservations required.
• It’s a win-win situation: the trip is free for the passenger and earns money for the driver.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible?
All passengers currently ADA-certified through RTD’s in-person eligibility process.
What trips may be reimbursed?
Only trips to medical facilities within San Joaquin County are reimbursable.
When does the mileage report have to be submitted?
In order to process the reimbursement in a timely manner, the monthly mileage report should be submitted by the tenth of the month following the rides.
When are checks mailed out?
By the third Thursday of every month.
How do I sign up?
Contact RTD’s Mobility Department.
For more information, please contact:
(209) 943-1111 ext. 3