As a proactive response to the spread of COVID-19, RTD will add to its already robust cleanliness and sanitization practices. RTD’s current vehicle and facility cleanliness and sanitization practices are above general industry standards as follows:
- Nightly cleaning of every bus with an antibacterial and antimicrobial disinfectant solution.
- Use of maximum strength antibacterial and antimicrobial disinfectant cleaning solutions at all RTD transit hubs.
As additional precautions, RTD will now use a sanitizing fog solution on vehicles as a part of its scheduled preventative maintenance program and increase its disinfecting practices to include all fare vending machines.
The Downtown Transit Center’s customer service window is opened from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. The Greyhound ticket window is closed until further notice.
For assistance, please call (209) 943-1111, option 1.
Due to the order issued by the San Joaquin County Public Health Officer and Director of Emergency Services, dated April 14, 2020:
People must use public transit only to perform essential activities.
What Are Essential Travel Activities?
- Any travel related to the provision of or access to Essential Activities or Essential Government Functions
- Travel to care for the elderly, minors, dependents, persons with disabilities, or other vulnerable persons
- Travel to or from educational institutions for purposes of receiving material for distance learning, for receiving meals, and any other related services
- Travel to return to a place of residence from outside the jurisdiction
- Travel required by law enforcement or court order
- Travel required for non-residents to return to their place of residence outside the County. Individuals are strongly encouraged to verify that their transportation out of the County remains available and functional prior to commencing such travel.
Lodi Testing Site is Accessible using Hopper Route 723 and Van Go!
- Appointment is required
- Call (888) 634-1123
- Visit lhi.care/covidtesting
- For more information, visit sjready.org
- Click here to view the PDF on available bus services
Face Covering Requirement
For the safety and health of RTD staff and the general public, the use of face coverings on all RTD vehicles and at all RTD facilities is required.
Fare Collection will not be enforced until Saturday, August 15, 2020. Fares are still collected on Commuter and Van Go!
⚠ Effective Sunday, August 16, 2020, RTD will implement new modified service changes. Click here to see the service matrix
Weekend Service Schedule – 7 days a week
To support the stay at home order for the State of California, RTD will operate the weekend schedule during weekdays as well as weekends beginning Monday, March 23, 2020. RTD will continue to offer weekend service until further notice. Click here to see all available routes.
RTD Van Go!
RTD Van Go! service will operate between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., 7 days a week effective Monday, March 23, 2020 until August 15, 2020. New service redesign will be effective on Sunday, August 16, 2020. To learn more, RTD will host a virtual Mobility Workshop on Wednesday, August 12 at 2 p.m. Click here to join the Zoom meeting on your computer or mobile device.
Commuter Route 150 will operate weekend service schedules, 7 days a week until further notice. Click here to view Commuter Route 150 weekend schedule.
⚠ Alameda County Public Health Department requires the public to wear face coverings. Please wear your face coverings prior to deboarding the bus to the Dublin BART. Non-medical masks, bandanas, scarves, and cloth can be used.
Commuter Route 163 will operate two morning and two afternoon trips, Monday – Friday until further notice. Click here to view Commuter Route 163 current schedule.
Routes 340, 360, 380, and 390
In response to the San Joaquin County Office of Education’s recent announcement of temporary school closure for all schools within the County, RTD suspenses the service of its 340, 360, 380, and 390 routes that serve the student population of the County. This service revision began with school closures on Monday, March 16. Click here to see all available routes.
Direct Connection Service is suspended until further notice, effective Monday, March 23, 2020. Click here to see all available routes.
On-Site Temperature Screening
RTD has implemented on-site temperature screenings for its employees using non-contact infrared thermometers.
To protect our bus operators and passengers during this time of social distancing, RTD asks that all passengers who do not require accommodation to board through the rear of the bus. Passengers in wheelchairs may still use the front door. This is among other precautions RTD is implementing to ensure the safety of our operators and the public. Click here to view the rear boarding guidance posted on all BRT Express, Local, and Hopper buses where rear boarding is possible.
Once on board, customers are asked to maintain a distance between themselves and the operator and other patrons and stagger seating as much as possible to maintain the recommended 6-feet of social distance. Click here to view signage posted on all BRT Express, Local, Hopper, and Commuter buses.